Life, through the expression of floral design.
Movement and its ability to evoke emotion has always been at the forefront of my personal expression. Early on, I was inspired through dance. Every performance, whether it was in a small setting or in front of a large theatre audience, was an exhilarating release of mood-filled energy. It was always immensely satisfying to see someone moved by something I created.
In the midst of that former path, I made an astounding discovery: the power of flowers! The emotional impact flowers leave on your soul is remarkable. A single bloom on a nature walk, or a lavish display at an exhibit always makes a lasting impression. No matter the size of the “performance”, there is always an emotional output, whether internal or external.
Now as a professional florist, I have the opportunity to recreate movement through my designs. I am inspired by the extraordinary lines, shapes, textures and colours Mother Nature has gifted to us. I'm constantly expanding my level of knowledge and creativity, exploring new techniques and materials.
You'll find whimsical notes in my body of work. The theatrics from my former self tend to shine through here and there in a playful way. If your connection is deep, it never disappears.
If I can inspire any being or spark one’s soul with my floral art, I will always feel immensely grateful.
- Brenna Quan
Accreditation and Accolades:
- Member of the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) since 2009.
- Three consecutive years (2014-2016) of top award recognitions from The Ninth Moon Floral Design Showcase in Portland.
- 1st Place in the Pacific Northwest Floral Design Competition (Burnaby, B.C.) 2016
- 2nd Place overall in the Gateway to Americas Cup, International Competition (Vancouver, Canada) 2016
- 1st Place : Neotropica Aloha Cup for Best Tropical Floral Design 2016
- 1st Place: Florists’ Review Cup for Best Floral Fashion Design 2016
- 3rd Place: Bridal Bouquet Design - Gateway to America’s Cup 2016
Featured stage presenter at the AIFD National Symposium in Anaheim, CA 2016 “Catalyst for Inspiration”, with esteemed colleagues Susanne Law AIFD & Paul Jaras AIFD
Extensive experience in retail and wholesale floristry, including large scale weddings and events.